July 17, 2017
1. Put well salted water on stove to boil for pasta. (takes around 10 mins)
2. In the meantime peel and chop garlic while frying 200g pancetta or dry cured bacon in a non-stick pan until brown both sides. Remove from pan.
3. Toss in 250g diced mushrooms and cook until soft. Remove.
4. Gently fry garlic for a couple mins.
5. Cut/ beak up crispy bacon and add this and the mushrooms to the garlic.
6. Once water is boiling toss in 1 packet of pasta (we used fettuccine but you could use spaghetti or whatever you prefer) and boil until al dente
7. Quickly drain pasta and crack in the eggs. Mix thoroughly. The pasta needs to be as hot as possible to cook the egg.
8. Add the pancetta/bacon,mushroom and garlic and mix well.
9. Grate over some hard cheese like parmesan (optional) and serve.
Simple Sausage Casserole
Slow cooked pork shoulder - a roast to boast about
How different really is our bacon to that which is mass produced?
Championing lamb steaks
Pancetta and Mushroom Carbonara